Meet our caring and compassionate team!
The vets and staff at Bucksburn Veterinary Hospital in Oakville work tirelessly to serve you and your pets! Read more about us below. You can reach one of us by calling (905) 257-7777 and we will be pleased to assist you! Our Doctors at the Bucksburn Veterinary Hospital are all proud graduates of the Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada. Known as one of the finest Veterinary Colleges in the world our Veterinarians have extensive training second to none.
- Dr. John Glauser – Ontario Veterinary College 2010
- Dr. John Glauser graduated with his BSc degree from the University of Guelph in 2007 and earned his Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree in 2010 from the Ontario Veterinary College (OVC). Since graduating, Dr. Glauser has worked at small animal clinics in Toronto and Stoney Creek, before joining Bucksburn Veterinary Hospital in 2014. Dr. Glauser’s particular areas of interest include preventative medicine, surgery, dentistry, and neurology. He belongs to the veterinary information network (VIN) where the most up to date veterinary knowledge is shared amongst specialists and peers. Dr. Glauser has also attended conferences and instructional laboratories since graduating from OVC to keep up with the latest knowledge and techniques in veterinary medicine. His participation in the Toronto Academy of Veterinary Medicine provides important information on the latest local and national issues in veterinary medicine
- Dr. Glauser lives in Burlington with his wife and daughter, in addition to his furry family member - Gryphon! Gryphon is now Bucksburn’s official mascot and as a Bucksburn staff member, he has his own description below. In his spare time, Dr. Glauser enjoys running, cycling, camping, and travelling.
- Dr. James McCleary – Ontario Veterinary College 1971
- Michelle – Practice Manager
- Michelle has been with the Bucksburn Family since its inception over 23 years ago! An animal lover from her first recollections, she knew she had found a permanent home in veterinary hospitals. There is not an area of the Hospital that Michelle is not familiar with. Greeting clients and their pets is still her favorite! She has rescued her fair share of dogs, but for the moment she only has her two loves: Maggie, a little boston terrier and Mia, the devil spawn Doberman (nothing against Dobermans but this one is a special case!).
- Katrina – Receptionist, Veterinary Assistant
- Katrina has been a lover of animals all her life. The love affair started as a child on her great-grandmothers farm where she was constantly fussing with all the animals. It became more apparent with each critter that managed to “follow” her home (Kittens, Pigeons, a vast array of rodents…). She started working in Animal Hospitals in 2007 and hasn’t looked back. She can be spotted around the clinic either assisting in surgery, helping with appointments, grooming or schmoozing with the clients. Outside of work she can be found chasing her dog Keyna through various parks in the area.
- Elizabeth – Receptionist, Veterinary Assistant
- Elizabeth, has been part of the Bucksburn Family for 9 years now. As our resident senior receptionist she is in charge of ensuring all our furry patients are constantly reminded of how special they are to us by sending them their birthday cards and ensuring they get their yearly reminders. Elizabeth has a soft spot for Pit Bulls, because of her own special needs girl Envy. Not unlike the rest of our staff, she too can be caught squirreling treats into her pockets for incoming patients.
- Elaine – Receptionist
- Elaine has worked at Bucksburn since 2010. Originally from Coventry, West Midlands in the United Kingdom, Elaine has lived here in Ontario, Canada since 1982. She has worked extensively as a Receptionist and Veterinary Assistant in the Veterinary Hospital field since July, 2006. Elaine is married with three grown children. She has had many animals over the years, including Hamsters and Gerbils, a Labrador/Border Collie cross Dog called “Fudge”, a Blonde Male Cocker Spaniel called “Devon”, a Persian mix Female Cat called “Silver’ and a most beautiful Black Male Cat called “Kokie”. Elaine thoroughly enjoys her position here at the hospital and feels very privileged to be working as part of our professional hospital team caring for all of our clients and their pets.
- Sharon – Groomer
- Sharon has been a groomer for dogs and cats in the Oakville area for over 25 years. Her vast experience in grooming certainly shows in the beautiful results in dogs and cats after their ‘spa day’. She and her family currently have 2 beautiful English Bulldogs that keep her busy when she’s not at the clinic.
- Gryphon – Official Clinic Mascot, Greeter, and Paper Shredder
- Gryphon is our all star clinic mascot! He is a cross between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. Gryphon was born in late 2014. He claims to be impeccably trained, and will do just about anything for treats! If he’s not too busy sleeping he will happily accept a quick pat from our clients, so please stop in for a visit today!